1) seek volunteers in both US and Vietnam
2) seek donors
3) seek corporate sponsors
4) seek community input
5) showcase our programs http://friendsofhue.org/projects.html
The primary mission of the Friends of Hue Foundation is to provide assistance to impoverished people and victims of natural disasters in Thua Thien- Hue province of Central Vietnam. All staff and Board members of the Friends of Hue Foundation in the United States serve as unpaid volunteers. We hope to be able to hire a full time staff person one day.
To provide long-term assistance in economic self-sufficiency, health care, education and emergency relief for victims of natural disasters in Thua Thien Hue and nearby areas in Central Vietnam. The assistance projects are diverse, efficient and flexible to accommodate changing needs over time. FHF hopes to later expand services to other neighboring provinces as funding allows.
Hue is Vietnam’s de facto “third capital” due to its historical linkages and geographical location. However, due to its rugged terrain and inhospitable climate, Hue has not been seen as an ideal place for large scale manufacturing and aggressive economic development. This results in less economic opportunities to its inhabitants producing more than its fair share of people living in poverty. Hanoi to the north and Saigon to the south are both political and economic capitals, respectively, and have also received the bulk of attention from NGOs/INGOs. Hue also falls short in this respect. Currently, FHF is the only officially registered, US-based INGO providing services in Thua Thien Hue Province.
- Built and operate a children's shelter for orphans, children in poverty and victims of natural disasters
- Cattle Raising Program: - giving incentives to poor children to stay and do well in school
- Mobile Health Clinic program - medical team visits remote rural areas monthly to provide free health care
- Reconstructive surgery (in co-operation with Hue Central Hospital)
- Near complete construction of a Vocational Center (12/29/06)
- Scholarship, assistance for payment of school fees, books, clothing and vocational training
+ Microfinance loans: Small short term interest-free and lower interest loans to vendors without collaterals to support animal husbandry, fishing, small farming activities and other entrepreneurial programsThis is an introduction. More will be added later to this blog. If you have any question please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit our website at www.friendsofhue.org